Why Test Soils?
Why do you need a Soil Test?
- Soil testing identifies the physical and engineering properties of a particular site.
- The soil properties are determined both in the field and in the laboratory.
- Combining all the elements of our desktop study, reports can be used to determine suitable building foundation methods, geotechnical slope stability parameters, suitable methods for on-site effluent disposal and limitation for any earthworks on a site.
- A detailed soil report can both save you money in construction costs and give you assurance for construction integrity.
What happens during a Soil Test?
- Prior to visiting any site, reference documents and mapping are reviewed.
- While on-site, the assessment process establishes how the parcel of land sits in the context of the region.
- Observations are made of the topography, drainage and vegetation.
- Subsoil profiles are established with the use of either a drilling rig, hand auger, excavator pits or visual observations.
- Where necessary, samples are taken for review in our laboratory.
What is On-Site Effluent Disposal
- Onsite effluent disposal is required in areas where reticulated sewerage is not available.
- Waste water is treated and discharged to a suitable area on your allotment.
- The most common effluent disposal systems include: AWTS (aerated waste water treatment system), aerobic sand filtration, septic tank/leach drains and other alternative methods such as composting and grey water dispersion systems.
Why Review Slope Stability?
- Some Councils’ planning schemes identify areas of steep land and potential slope instability. Quantifying this risk requires a slope stability assessment.
- The initial process includes a review of reference mapping and establishes the regional geological setting.
- Specific site walkover and field investigations are then carried out to confirm or refine the stability risk.
- Recommendations for drainage, earthworks and construction methods will then maintain or enhance the relative slope stability.
CONTACT US NOW
0413 951 991
0411 646 125
14/40 Claude Boyd Parade
Bells Creek, Queensland
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm